Added to your Cart
Detail Paint Brushes | 12 pc Thin & Small Paint Brush Set for Watercolor, Oil & Acrylic
100% Money-Back Guarantee
Designed & Tested
by Artists for Artists
Tiny Paint Brush Tips For Detailing
The perfect brush set for when you need the best paint brush for small details in watercolor, oil, acrylic and ink
Professional fine detail paint brushes that take the pain out of painting
12-pc Thin Paint Brush Set for Fine Detailing
Designed by artists for accurate fine detail; Rounds 5/0, 2/0, 1, 2, Rigger 4/0, 2/0, 1, Flats 2/0, 1, Angled 1, Filbert 2/0, 0 – created for portraits, dolls, & precise illustrations or drawings.
Fine Performance Without Compromise
Blend of a varying diameter of synthetic brush fibers enhances color absorbency and creates crisp smooth very fine detailing.
Holds Shape Even with Heavy Use
ZenARTs small paint brushes have precise bristle length for exacting work that won't feather or shed which makes it perfect for painting fine point details.
Handles That Steady Hands
Ergonomically designed sculpted kiln-dried birch wood triangular brush handles improve grip, stability, and comfort, which makes micro detailing easier, and your hands will hurt less after long hours of detail painting.
Handcrafted by Master Brush Makers
Each ZenART paintbrush is meticulously handcrafted by master paint brush makers using complex methods that require high precision and years of experience.
Why Choose ZenART
Purchase with a purpose
Through B1G1, a portion of the proceeds of every ZenART detail paint brush set you purchase goes to supporting powerful projects that make global life-changing impacts. ZenART supports initiatives working to help women and children suffering from poverty, inequality, and injustices.
Professional Artist & Co-founder: Ardak Kassenova
We are a company founded and run by passionate artists and art enthusiasts. Ardak Kassenova created ZenART with the belief that its clients would never be just a number, but a name, and a real person. Each customer is personally invited to join the growing community of artists that she started—to support and inspire one another, and to continuously improve ZenART products based on real artist feedback.
Designed by Artists for Artists
Each ZenART fine art tool is designed and developed in close collaboration with professional artists and creatives, combined with Ardak Kassenova's personal experience.
Trusted by professionals
The ZenART's fine detail paint brush set is created specifically to elevate the work of artists using water & oil-based paints such as gouache, ink, watercolor, and acrylics. These small art brushes help bring portraits, models, graphic and miniature paintings to life, and are used by professional artists such as Jill Gustavis (@jillgustavisart), Priscilla George (@priscillageorgeart) and Tina Britney (@bozinatinyart).
High Performance Fine Detail Paint Brushes That Take The Pain Out Of Painting
Fine Line Paint Brushes Video
Stories from real people, real artists. Read what they have to say about our fine art tools, designed by artists, for artists.
I love the grip design of the brush; it makes it easier for me to handle it and take more control of my stroke. The bristles are soft. You won't find a strand that slips away which is great. It picks up pigments from my watercolor well. Considering the size, it holds a decent amount of water. As I was working with it, I found the strokes smooth. They take care of all those trouble spots that are hard to reach. Great product! Worth it!
Good quality brushes, they keep their shape & there was no shedding. They are extremely light, I had no hand fatigue after using them for a long time. They have a comfortable tri-cornered grip just above the ferrule. This set includes a variety of paint brushes, incredibly convenient when working on a piece with several different color schemes. I like the sturdiness and consistency of the bristles.
I love these fine line brushes! They are in a little pouch that ties up and is the perfect size to carry around. They are soft and perfect for small brush strokes and also high quality. I have a bad wrist so using these I didn't feel any discomfort whilst using them they are very comfortable to hold. I have nothing bad to say about the brushes at all. Highly recommended!
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee:
We know you'll love our fine art tools as much as we do and we aim to provide the best ones for your artistic practice. If that's not us, then don't fret. We proudly offer a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Good question! There's a complex manual process behind making each brush, and all the methods require high precision and years of experience. Let us try to give you a general overview of how these beautiful very fine paint brushes are made:
- A ZenART Fine tipped paint brush is handcrafted with a paint brush handle made of genuine and exquisite lacquered birch wood and seven layers of UV coating. The bristles are manually formed using different techniques for specific shapes, tightly tied, combed, gripped by a non-rust nickel ferrule, glued with a precise injection of special glue. After drying, the ferrule holding the bristles is double-crimped to the handles to fasten securely. The small brushes are then inspected again to remove any ‘floating shorts' — bristles which may sometimes remain, especially in larger sized brushes or round shapes, and cause initial ‘shedding' during breaking in period. After a thorough inspection, these very fine paint brushes are then protected and sized before getting packed.
Yes. We used Japanese synthetic hair fibers to mimic qualities of natural soft bristles for that crisp, smooth detailing without using animal products; extensively tested for their professional performance. We hope this puts your mind at ease.
However, if you prefer natural brushes, you can take a look at our Turner brush set or other lines of faux synthetic and natural fiber blends.
These detail paint brushes are ‘trained' to maintain their shape even after regular use and provide consistent control whatever art project you're working on. Ergonomic triangular shaped handles take away the tension from your hands and allow longer detailing. Using elegant seven-times-lacquered birch wood short handles allows for a luxurious feeling of unrivalled balance, particularly during intricate and exacting brush strokes. The use of high-quality Japanese synthetic hair fibers on these tiny brushes also made them sturdy. And of course, they'll last even longer if you take good care of them.
Yes! These small brushes are high quality, and many professional artists praise them for their fantastic performance, thoughtful variety of shapes and sizes specifically designed for fine detailing. When it comes to art materials and tools, a famous saying among the artists and the art tutors is that ‘One should buy the best quality one can afford.' It's so true, especially for beginner artists, who are still building up their confidence and knowledge of techniques. The best detail paint brushes will help accelerate progress and keep you motivated to paint and experiment with new techniques.
Considering the value for money we offer for such an extensive artist-quality detailing paint brush set, including the unique complimentary canvas roll-up case for storage and travel, guides, tutorials and advice, you'll make a significant long-term gift for yourself or other artists, whether beginners to advanced and professionals.
There are two reasons we wrap the brushes in transparent films:
- To protect and waterproof the thin paint brushes during transit. We want to make sure that you receive your detailing brush sets in its best state, wherever you are in the world.
- It serves as a seal of guarantee to you, our customers and our return department that the fine point brushes have never been used before. In some cases, we experience customers returning used brushes and these go to a separate bin. Having these plastic films ensures that you're receiving a brand-new detail paint brush set.
Our Fine Line Detailing Paint Brush collection are easy to clean and maintain:
- For new paint brushes: First, always remove the transit glue by washing the brushes with mild soap and lukewarm water. Slightly massage between the bristles on the palm of your hand, letting any floating bristles to be washed away, if any.
- For regular cleaning or after painting session: Clean the fine paint brushes well every time after use—before the paint dries—to avoid damage from paint build-up at the base of the ferrule. Do not push the thin brushes too hard into your palms.
- For watercolour and acrylics: Wash the small brushes with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- For oil: Wipe excess oil paint with tissue paper. Using a small amount of solvent, rinse all leftover oil paint build-up and wipe clean. We recommend toxic-free solvents as they are safer. Wash the fine brushes with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- We recommend using vegetable oil-based soap, gentle to the bristles and your skin.
- After rinsing thoroughly, use a microfiber or other absorbent towel to remove excess water.
- Gently reshape the bristles with your fingers, put the brushes horizontally and let them dry naturally on a flat surface.
Detail Paint Brush Care Tips:
- Never leave the fine tipped brushes soaked in water, as this will ruin your paint brushes and cause damage to the bristles, glue and handle.
- From time to time, and for optimum results, you can apply a special lanolin-based brush conditioner (optional), for TLC and extra longevity of your entire detail paint brush set.
- Follow our recommended cleaning guide above to reduce possible initial ‘break-in shedding', which might be just short bristles not glued inside the ferrule that are trapped between the longer bristles.
- Shedding: It is natural for very fine paint brushes to shed lightly. Minimal shedding is common especially while you break them in. To reduce problems of shedding, ZenART has crafted these small detail paint brushes with Japanese synthetic fibers. The fine point paint brushes lose fewer bristles and normally don't shed at all. In rare occasions, it might happen, and such cases are significantly less compared to other ones on the market. Reasons can be any of the following:
- Using the detail paint brushes before removing the transit glue
- Harsh “breaking-in” of new fine tip paint brushes. We suggest trying the above method of cleaning,
- and gently removing any floating bristles, before giving up on your new detailing paint brushes.
- Misuse and ruining of the small delicate brushes due to harsh chemicals, abrasive surfaces, soaking fine brushes in water or other solution, vertically letting them stand and loosening the glue.
- In extreme cases, manufacturing defects, when not enough glue was applied and the thin brush (losing bristles long enough to be potentially glued in the ferrule, not floating shorts). In such situations, we are here to support you, too, and offer our help to resolve any issues.
The Fine Detail Paint Brush collection have short, sculpted handles for a luxurious and precise fine detail painting with acrylic, watercolor, gouache, inks and oil. These small brushes have been specifically designed, weighted and balanced for precise painting and avoiding any hand fatigue or poking in your eye. The exquisite birch wood brush handles also have seven layers of UV coating to prevent flaking, and provide slip & wear resistance.
We only want you to find the best fine art tools that you will enjoy using. If that's not us, don't fret. We offer a 1-year guarantee and 100% money-back for 60 days. Just drop us a few lines about your issue, send them to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or scan the QR Code to get a quicker response: