our Privacy & Cookies Policy
At ZenART we believe in the power of giving to transform lives. Together we can change the lives of people across the globe.
PRIVACY STATEMENT & OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure. So you’re clued up, here’s why we need it and how we use it.
We will only use your data to up your experience.
We’ll always talk your language and have your back – no nonsense, no surprises.
You decide what and how you hear from us.
Your info won’t just hang about – if we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
ZenART Supplies, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The ZenART Supplies team members are customers themselves, of both ZenART Supplies and other internet sites – so we totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at email@example.com
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is Ecomtrade Ltd, part of which is ZenART Supplies.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, email address and date of birth.
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. Below in detail, find what we do, and why we do it.
- To identify you when you visit our website or get in touch with us, keeping your details safe from fraudsters. We are legally obliged to do it and it is important to us.
- To deliver your orders to you.
- To inform you of your order status by test, email, a chat platform or by phone. So, you know when to expect your order.
- To manage your participation in various activities that we run, such as competitions, promotions, offers, ensuring that you receive information relevant to you.
- To direct you to the right part of our website, so you get quicker to what you want to see.
- To send you information about our products and services which allows us to keep you up to date and help you get the best experience with our brand. You decide what you want to hear from us.
- To identify what you have bought in the past or searched for, what you left in your cart and let you know when something is back in stock to keep track of our inventory and update you on new availability.
- To analyse what you have bought, searched for, or returned that helps us find out what you like and ensuring that we give you what you want.
- To match your purchases to links from affiliates who might have introduced you to ZenART Supplies. We share relevant purchase history with them, so they know when they have made a successful introduction. We have a number of “introducers” who direct new customers to us or promote our products on their sites.
- To improve our website and set default options for you such as language and currency, to make navigating our website easier for you.
- To show you ZenART Supplies adverts on your browse web, so you can see the latest products that we think you will love.
- To monitor visitors on our site and their behaviour to improve website experience and improve our products and services.
- To occasionally ask for feedback and how you feel we are doing to improve our services. You can always choose to participate or not.
- To manage competitions where you will learn how your data will be used.
- To allocate you a unique number (your customer ID) when you shop which allows us to identify you in a unique way.
- To check your identity
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
You don’t have to give us all of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that. We also anonymise and aggregate personal information so that it does not identify you.
We use the data that we collect in order to personalise your experience with ZenART Supplies, showing you products that you may like.
We also save what you’ve said to us via emails, instant chat, on social media or in private message or by phone. It’s important to us so you can get the best possible experience and this also allows us to train our staff.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - MARKETING
If you agreed, we’ll send you marketing messages to keep you informed of what we are up to, helping you see and find what you are looking for much easier.
How to stop marketing messages from ZenART Supplies
You can manage marketing communications you receive through Contact Preferences section of you ZenART Supplies account by:
- Clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any marketing email you receive from us
- Sending ‘stop’ to the number provided within the texts you receive from us
- Getting in touch with our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org, letting the team know.
It may take a few days to opt you out from our marketing messages so you may receive a few more messages before you are completely opted out.
Please note that opting out of marketing messages will not stop service communications, such as order updates.
SECTION 3 - ADVERTISING
We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we are up to and to find our products easier and quicker. You may also see ZenART Supplies banners and ads on other sites or apps you are browsing. We manage our advertising campaigns through a variety of networks and we use a range of advertising technologies. Some of the ads you see are based on the information we hold about you, or your previous use of ZenART Supplies, what you bought or what you read on our website or our content you engaged on social media. For more information on our use of advertising technologies and Cookies, please see section 10.
SECTION 4 - KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you continue to be a ZenART Supplies customer and for as long as we are required to keep it to ensure we meet our legal requirements across the globe.
If you no longer wish to be a customer you can contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com and request that we close your account. However, we have a legal requirement to keep some of your personal data even after you have asked us to delete it. We will only keep what we absolutely need to, and only to make sure we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions.
SECTION 5 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
ZenART Supplies (ECOMTRADE Ltd)
43 Berkeley Square
SECTION 6 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
SECTION 7 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
In addition, Shopify uses your personal information to block certain transactions that appear to be fraudulent through automated decision-making.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 9 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 10 - COOKIES
What are cookies?
Cookies are data files that can hold small amounts of info and are stored on your device (computer, smartphone etc) when you first visit a website.
How do we use them?
- essential operations, like site navigation
- allowing you to add items to your shopping bag
- analysing visitor numbers and behaviours, such as what pages are frequently visited
- assessing the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications
- targeting suitable advertising messages
- understanding which Affiliates have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional. Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held. Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day. Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks. Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite. If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Besides these cookies that allow us to perform essential operational functions, we also have cookies that allow us to save your site preference and advertising cookies that are used to deliver relevant ads to you. They also allow us to limit the number of ads you are seeing from us and measure campaign performance.
How to manage cookies
Most browsers allow you to manage cookies saved on your device – just head to the help section of your browser. But don’t forget, if you modify your settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our site or our service.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 10 - YOUR RIGHTS
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information, these are:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account).
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to ask us to explain any computer-system decision about you.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us. As a starting point, we have 30 days in which to respond to you. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
ZenART Supplies (ECOMTRADE Ltd)
43 Berkeley Square